Subject: Re: [PATCH 6.1.y 1/2] Bluetooth: hci_sync: Remove remaining dependencies of hci_request

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2026 10:21:54 -0400

On Mon, May 11, 2026 at 02:34:05PM +0800, Fang Wang wrote:
> From: Luiz Augusto von Dentz <[email-masked]>
>
> [ Upstream commit f2d89775358606c7ab6b6b6c4a02fe1e8cd270b1 ]
>
> This removes the dependencies of hci_req_init and hci_request_cancel_all
> from hci_sync.c.

Queued for 6.1 as the prerequisite for 2/2 (the btintel hci_req_sync_lock
fix), thanks.

Note: this commit is pure refactoring upstream and would not normally be
a stable candidate on its own; we're taking it here only to make
hci_req_sync_lock visible from drivers/bluetooth/btintel.c in 6.1.y so
that 2/2 builds. A Stable-dep-of: 94d8e6fe5d08 trailer would have been
the conventional way to document that on the backport (see commit
8d83194e8a880 on 6.6.y for an example). I won't block on it for this
submission, but please add such a trailer if you submit similar
prerequisite refactors in the future.

--
Sasha