Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v10 3/7] tls: Re-present partially-consumed records in tls_sw_read_sock()

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2026 17:17:15 -0700

On Tue, 12 May 2026 14:52:59 +0200 Sabrina Dubroca wrote:
> > __tcp_read_sock() handles the same case by leaving the unread
> > bytes available for the next iteration to re-present, though
> > its mechanism (sequence-number re-lookup) differs from the TLS
> > path's explicit queue management. Adopt the same loop-level
> > behavior here: update rxm->offset and rxm->full_len, requeue
> > the skb to the head of rx_list, and continue. The next
> > iteration pops the same skb and re-presents the unread bytes
> > to read_actor().
> > 
> > Fixes: 662fbcec32f4 ("net/tls: implement ->read_sock()")  
> 
> Fixes typically go through "net", not "net-next".

Just to be sure - no in-kernel reader partially consumes today
without setting desc to 0, right?

If so a more appropriate direction would be to say that in
the commit message and drop the Fixes tag.