Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add power management op for RNDIS host

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2026 11:29:03 +0200

On Tue, May 19, 2026 at 03:28:14PM +0800, Ivanl S wrote:
> >From bf417c9c1c22f8d335ec361d6fb5759fd167733a Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> >From bf417c9c1c22f8d335ec361d6fb5759fd167733a Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Shaoxu Liu <[email-masked]> Date: Tue, 19 May 2026
> 13:49:06 +0800 Subject: [PATCH] Add power management op for RNDIS host
> RNDIS host does not manage the USB power, and it will cause more power
> consumption even when no data transferring. Adding the power
> management operator will make the USB enter suspend mode when no data
> transferring. --- drivers/net/usb/rndis_host.c | 16 ++++++++++++++++ 1
> file changed, 16 insertions(+) diff --git
> a/drivers/net/usb/rndis_host.c b/drivers/net/usb/rndis_host.c index
> 7b3739b29..76eb65fd5 100644 --- a/drivers/net/usb/rndis_host.c +++
> b/drivers/net/usb/rndis_host.c @@ -630,6 +630,17 @@ static const
> struct driver_info zte_rndis_info = { .tx_fixup = rndis_tx_fixup, };
> +static const struct driver_info rndis_info_lowpower = { +
> .description = "RNDIS device", + .flags = FLAG_ETHER |
> FLAG_POINTTOPOINT | FLAG_FRAMING_RN | FLAG_NO_SETINT, + .bind =
> rndis_bind, + .unbind = rndis_unbind, + .status = rndis_status, +
> .rx_fixup = rndis_rx_fixup, + .tx_fixup = rndis_tx_fixup, +
> .manage_power = usbnet_manage_power, +}; +
> /*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
> static const struct usb_device_id products [] = { @@ -657,6 +668,11 @@
> static const struct usb_device_id products [] = { /* RNDIS is MSFT's
> un-official variant of CDC ACM */ USB_INTERFACE_INFO(USB_CLASS_COMM, 2
> /* ACM */, 0x0ff), .driver_info = (unsigned long) &rndis_info, +}, { +
> /* RNDIS for Telit Cinterion low power LTE cat1biz modules LE310X1*/ +
> USB_DEVICE_AND_INTERFACE_INFO(0x1bc7, 0x7030, +
> USB_CLASS_WIRELESS_CONTROLLER, 1, 3), + .driver_info = (unsigned
> long)&rndis_info_lowpower, }, { /* "ActiveSync" is an undocumented
> variant of RNDIS, used in WM5 */ USB_INTERFACE_INFO(USB_CLASS_MISC, 1,
> 1), -- 2.25.1 Signed-off-by: Shaoxu Liu <[email-masked]>
> 

Hi,

This is the friendly patch-bot of Greg Kroah-Hartman.  You have sent him
a patch that has triggered this response.  He used to manually respond
to these common problems, but in order to save his sanity (he kept
writing the same thing over and over, yet to different people), I was
created.  Hopefully you will not take offence and will fix the problem
in your patch and resubmit it so that it can be accepted into the Linux
kernel tree.

You are receiving this message because of the following common error(s)
as indicated below:

- Your patch is malformed (tabs converted to spaces, linewrapped, etc.)
  and can not be applied.  Please read the file,
  Documentation/process/email-clients.rst in order to fix this.

If you wish to discuss this problem further, or you have questions about
how to resolve this issue, please feel free to respond to this email and
Greg will reply once he has dug out from the pending patches received
from other developers.

thanks,

greg k-h's patch email bot