Subject: Re: [PATCH net 0/5] ethernet: 3c509: Bring driver back and make some fixes

From: David Laight <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2026 17:55:49 +0100

On Thu, 21 May 2026 13:45:26 +0100 (BST)
"Maciej W. Rozycki" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 May 2026, Andrew Lunn wrote:
...
>  NB as I point out in the cover letter I made sure there's been no change 
> to binary code produced, so I expect no fallout, and as we discussed with 
> Jakub the removal of the driver broke `git blame' anyway, so there should 
> be no cost associated with the cleanup.

Can 'we' make sure that the commit that re-instates it has the git tag of the
old version in the commit message.
That lets people go back across the remove-add.

-- David

> 
>  So as I say, may you both please weigh in pros and cons and let me know 
> of the outcome?  I'll then proceed accordingly.
> 
>   Maciej
>