Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 00/10] docs: net: updates for old and cobwebbed docs

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2026 07:48:39 -0700

On Tue, 26 May 2026 19:39:47 -0700 Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On 5/26/26 6:15 PM, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> > On Tue, 26 May 2026 17:51:45 -0700 Randy Dunlap wrote:  
> >> It's in today's linux-next (20260526), line 1950 of
> >> include/linux/netdevice.h:  
> > 
> > linux-next is useful, but we try not to merge broken code, not just
> > notice it after the fact. So it'd be great if the fix made its way
> > to Linus and therefore propagate to subsystem -next trees, not just
> > linux-next.  
> 
> OK. I don't quite know what you mean by that, but I just checked the
> current net-next tree and it's still there at line 1950.

Sorry, I'm talking about the regression in the kernel-doc _script_
which was recently fixed, and which hid the "excess kdoc" warnings. 
I'm guessing that it's fixed now in linux-next.
That's why you see the warning in linux-next and I don't in networking
trees. What I was trying to argue was that that script fix should be
sent to Linus, not sit in linux-next.