Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] net/mlx5: Only consider online CPUs in affinity subset check

From: Fushuai Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2026 20:57:03 +0800

From: Fushuai Wang <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

When an SF is created after a CPU has been taken offline, the IRQ affinity
check fails because existing IRQs in the pool may have affinity masks that
include the now-offline CPU. This causes SF creation to fail even though
suitable online CPUs are available.

This series fixes this issue and includes a small cleanup:

Patch 1 folds cpumask_copy() into cpumask_andnot() for better code clarity
in comp_irq_request_sf().

Patch 2 filters affinity masks to only consider effective CPUs before the
subset check, ensuring SF creation succeeds when CPUs have been taken offline.

--WANG

Fushuai Wang (2):
  net/mlx5: Simplify cpumask operations in comp_irq_request_sf()
  net/mlx5: Use effective affinity mask for IRQ selection

 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/eq.c           | 3 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/irq_affinity.c | 5 ++++-
 2 files changed, 5 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

-- 
2.36.1