Subject: Re: [PATCH 6.12 000/307] 6.12.93-rc1 review

From: Miguel Ojeda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2026 19:32:14 +0200

On Sun, 07 Jun 2026 11:56:37 +0200 Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> This is the start of the stable review cycle for the 6.12.93 release.
> There are 307 patches in this series, all will be posted as a response
> to this one.  If anyone has any issues with these being applied, please
> let me know.
>
> Responses should be made by Tue, 09 Jun 2026 09:56:47 +0000.
> Anything received after that time might be too late.

Boot-tested under QEMU for Rust x86_64, arm64 and riscv64; built-tested
for loongarch64:

Tested-by: Miguel Ojeda <[email-masked]>

arm32 also builds fine.

On arm64, I am seeing:

    net/sched/act_mirred.c:451:43: warning: variable 'm_eaction' is uninitialized when used here [-Wuninitialized]
      451 |         is_redirect = tcf_mirred_is_act_redirect(m_eaction);
          |                                                  ^~~~~~~~~
    net/sched/act_mirred.c:429:18: note: initialize the variable 'm_eaction' to silence this warning
      429 |         int i, m_eaction;
          |                         ^
          |                          = 0

due to commit a01fbdecc3a2 ("net/sched: act_mirred: Fix return code in
early mirred redirect error paths") here.

And that one seems to be missing at least the assignment to the variable
that happened in commit a005fa5d7502 ("net/sched: act_mirred: Fix
blockcast recursion bypass leading to stack overflow").

I hope this helps!

Cc: Kito Xu (veritas501) <[email-masked]>
Cc: Victor Nogueira <[email-masked]>
Cc: Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Cheers,
Miguel