Subject: Re: 3.10.0-rc2 mlx4 not receiving packets for some multicast groups

From: Jay Vosburgh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 17:23:20 -0700

Vlad Yasevich <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>>      CC: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
>>>      Signed-off-by: Vlad Yasevich <[email-masked]>
>>>      Signed-off-by: David S. Miller <[email-masked]>
>>>
>>> I've confirmed that reverting this patch on top of 3.10-rc3 allows me
>>> to receive packets on all of my multicast groups without the Mellanox
>>> high_rate_steer option set.
>>
>> OK, impressive debugging... so what do we do from here? Vlad, Shawn
>> observes a regression once this patch is used on a large scale setup
>> that uses many multicast groups (you can read the posts done earlier
>> on this thread), does this rings any bell w.r.t to the actual problem
>> in the patch?
>
>I haven't seen that, but I didn't test with that many multicast groups. I
>had 20 groups working.
>
>I'll take a look and see what might be going on.

	I've actually been porting bonding to the dev_sync/unsync
system, and have a patch series of 4 fixes to various internals of
dev_sync/unsync; I'll post those under separate cover.  It may be that
one or more of those things are the source of this problem (or I might
have it all wrong).

	-J

---
	-Jay Vosburgh, IBM Linux Technology Center, [email-masked]