Subject: Re: [PATCH] bonding: update some distro-specific documentation

From: Jay Vosburgh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:27:49 -0700

Andy Gospodarek <[email-masked]> wrote:

	This all looks fine except for one nit (well, request for extra
detail, really):

>@@ -802,15 +802,20 @@ BROADCAST=192.168.1.255
> ONBOOT=yes
> BOOTPROTO=none
> USERCTL=no
>+BONDING_OPTS="mode=balance-alb miimon=100"
>
> 	Be sure to change the networking specific lines (IPADDR,
> NETMASK, NETWORK and BROADCAST) to match your network configuration.
>+You also need to set the BONDING_OPTS= line to specify the desired
>+options for your bond0 interface.  Specifying bonding options in this
>+way is the preferred method for configuring bonding interfaces.

	Can you add something here that mentions that, for the
arp_ip_target option, it has to be supplied as "arp_ip_target=+10.0.0.1"
and not just "arp_ip_target=10.0.0.1"?  Also, multiple targets require
multiple instances of the arp_ip_target option; it doesn't work to put
multiple IP addresses as in the module option (i.e.,
"arp_ip_target=10.0.0.1,10.0.0.2").

	This is necessary because ifup-eth isn't adding the "+" when it
translates the option for use with sysfs or parsing the multiple IP
address syntax.

	-J

---
	-Jay Vosburgh, IBM Linux Technology Center, [email-masked]