Subject: Re: [PATCH] bonding: 802.3ad - fix agg_device_up

From: Jay Vosburgh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 09:55:03 -0700

Jiri Bohac <[email-masked]> wrote:

>The slave member of struct aggregator does not necessarily point
>to a slave which is part of the aggregator. It points to the
>slave structure containing the aggregator structure, while
>completely different slaves (or no slaves at all) may be part of
>the aggregator.
>
>The agg_device_up() function wrongly uses agg->slave to find the state of the
>aggregator.  Use agg->lag_ports->slave instead. The bug has been
>introduced by commit 4cd6fe1c6483cde93e2ec91f58b7af9c9eea51ad.
>
>Signed-off-by: Jiri Bohac <[email-masked]>

	One additional note: port->slave can be NULL when the slave is
transitioning in or out of the bond, but not when the port is part of an
aggregator, so this usage should be safe.

	-J

Signed-off-by: Jay Vosburgh <[email-masked]>

>diff --git a/drivers/net/bonding/bond_3ad.c b/drivers/net/bonding/bond_3ad.c
>index 494bf96..31912f1 100644
>--- a/drivers/net/bonding/bond_3ad.c
>+++ b/drivers/net/bonding/bond_3ad.c
>@@ -1482,8 +1482,11 @@ static struct aggregator *ad_agg_selection_test(struct aggregator *best,
>
> static int agg_device_up(const struct aggregator *agg)
> {
>-	return (netif_running(agg->slave->dev) &&
>-		netif_carrier_ok(agg->slave->dev));
>+	struct port *port = agg->lag_ports;
>+	if (!port)
>+		return 0;
>+	return (netif_running(port->slave->dev) &&
>+		netif_carrier_ok(port->slave->dev));
> }
>
> /**
>-- 
>Jiri Bohac <[email-masked]>
>SUSE Labs, SUSE CZ
>