Subject: Re: [Ksummit-2010-discuss] [v2] Remaining BKL users, what to do

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:24:53 -0400

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:40:04 PDT, Greg KH said:

> I do have access to this hardware, but its on an old single processor
> laptop, so any work that it would take to help do this development,
> really wouldn't be able to be tested to be valid at all.

The i810 is a graphics chipset embedded on the memory controller, which
was designed for the Intel Pentium II, Pentium III, and Celeron CPUs.  Page 8
of the datasheet specifically says:

Processor/Host Bus Support
- Optimized for the Intel Pentium II processor, Intel Pentium III processor, and Intel
CeleronTM processor
- Supports processor 370-Pin Socket and SC242
connectors
- Supports 32-Bit System Bus Addressing
- 4 deep in-order queue; 4 or 1 deep request queue
- Supports Uni-processor systems only

So no need to clean it up for multiprocessor support.

http://download.intel.com/design/chipsets/datashts/29067602.pdf
http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/specupdt/29069403.pdf