Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 net-next] net: multipath routing: configurable seed

From: Void <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 17:58:22 +0300

On 2021-04-27 17:27, David Ahern wrote:
> On 4/27/21 3:42 AM, Pavel Balaev wrote:
>> After running "scripts/checkpatch.pl" I got warnings about alignment.
>> So I run checkpatch.pl --fix and fixed alignment as a script did.
>> So warnings goes away. I don't get the rules of alignment, can you
>> tell me the right way?
> 
> I don't see any statements under Documentation/process; not sure where
> it is explicitly stated. You can get the general idea by following the
> surrounding code and then let checkpatch correct from there.
I create 3 patches and check it:

./scripts/checkpatch.pl 
0001-net-ipv4-multipath-routing-configurable-seed.patch
total: 0 errors, 0 warnings, 0 checks, 186 lines checked

0001-net-ipv4-multipath-routing-configurable-seed.patch has no obvious 
style problems and is ready for submission.
./scripts/checkpatch.pl 
0002-net-ipv6-multipath-routing-configurable-seed.patch
total: 0 errors, 0 warnings, 0 checks, 151 lines checked

0002-net-ipv6-multipath-routing-configurable-seed.patch has no obvious 
style problems and is ready for submission.
./scripts/checkpatch.pl 
0003-selftests-net-forwarding-configurable-seed-tests.patch
WARNING: added, moved or deleted file(s), does MAINTAINERS need 
updating?
#76:
new file mode 100755

total: 0 errors, 1 warnings, 394 lines checked

No alignment warnings at all.