Subject: Re: [Bonding-devel] quick help with bonding?

From: Jay Vosburgh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 09:24:00 -0700

Chris Friesen <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Could someone either point me to the bonding high level design document 
>(couldn't find one at the sourceforge project page) or else give me a 
>quick overview of the code path followed by an incoming packet when 
>bonding is involved?

	There really isn't a high level design document.

	The input path goes from the driver, which (probably) calls
netif_receive_skb.  That function does its processing whatnot, the only
special step for bonding is the processing done by skb_bond() which
assigns the packet to the bonding device.  In the current mainline,
skb_bond() also does some stuff to drop traffic on inactive slaves as
the like.

	After that, the packet follows the regular input path in
netif_skb_receive.

	-J

---
	-Jay Vosburgh, IBM Linux Technology Center, [email-masked]