Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/14] AF_RXRPC socket family and AFS rewrite [net-2.6]

From: David Howells <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:28:26 +0100

David Miller <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Here is how I'm fixing this for now to get the tree into
> a buildable state.

Okay, that looks mostly reasonable, but it needs to go a little bit further.

> If you have a better fix, please send it to me relative
> to what's in net-2.6, thanks.

I'm about to dispatch three patches to you:

 (1) Extend your fixes to the VL update manager.  The state changing to
     AFS_VL_VALID isn't the only place a wakeup is missing.

 (2) I compiled against all of these arches in addition to x86_64:

	i386, frv, frv (nommu), pa-risc, s390, powerpc (16 & 32), sparc64,
	mips, alpha, ia64.

     And came up with a few more problems, notably wrt to compiling the
     modules in.

     Due to general arch problems, I tried and failed to build for:

	m68k, cris, arm, h8300, sh, v850, sparc.

     Due to lack of a suitable compiler, I couldn't build for:

	sh64, xtensa

 (3) I also came across some other networking compilation bugs.

David