Subject: Re: [PATCH 07/23] wfx: add bus_sdio.c

From: Jérôme Pouiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 16:03:47 +0200

On Wednesday 14 October 2020 14:43:34 CEST Pali Rohár wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 October 2020 13:52:15 Jérôme Pouiller wrote:
> > On Tuesday 13 October 2020 22:11:56 CEST Pali Rohár wrote:
> > > On Monday 12 October 2020 12:46:32 Jerome Pouiller wrote:
> > > > +#define SDIO_VENDOR_ID_SILABS        0x0000
> > > > +#define SDIO_DEVICE_ID_SILABS_WF200  0x1000
> > > > +static const struct sdio_device_id wfx_sdio_ids[] = {
> > > > +     { SDIO_DEVICE(SDIO_VENDOR_ID_SILABS, SDIO_DEVICE_ID_SILABS_WF200) },
> > >
> > > Please move ids into common include file include/linux/mmc/sdio_ids.h
> > > where are all SDIO ids. Now all drivers have ids defined in that file.
> > >
> > > > +     // FIXME: ignore VID/PID and only rely on device tree
> > > > +     // { SDIO_DEVICE(SDIO_ANY_ID, SDIO_ANY_ID) },
> > >
> > > What is the reason for ignoring vendor and device ids?
> >
> > The device has a particularity, its VID/PID is 0000:1000 (as you can see
> > above). This value is weird. The risk of collision with another device is
> > high.
> 
> Those ids looks strange. You are from Silabs, can you check internally
> in Silabs if ids are really correct? And which sdio vendor id you in
> Silabs got assigned for your products?

I confirm these ids are the ones burned in the WF200. We have to deal with
that :( .

> I know that sdio devices with multiple functions may have different sdio
> vendor/device id particular function and in common CIS (function 0).
> 
> Could not be a problem that on one place is vendor/device id correct and
> on other place is that strange value?
> 
> I have sent following patch (now part of upstream kernel) which exports
> these ids to userspace:
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mmc/[email-masked]/T/#u
> 
> Also for debugging ids and information about sdio cards, I sent another
> patch which export additional data:
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mmc/[email-masked]/T/#u
> 
> Could you try them and look at /sys/class/mmc_host/ attribute outputs?

Here is:

    # cd /sys/class/mmc_host/ && grep -r . mmc1/
    mmc1/power/runtime_suspended_time:0
    grep: mmc1/power/autosuspend_delay_ms: Input/output error
    mmc1/power/runtime_active_time:0
    mmc1/power/control:auto
    mmc1/power/runtime_status:unsupported
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/vendor:0x0000
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/rca:0x0001
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/device:0x1000
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/vendor:0x0000
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/device:0x1000
    grep: mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/info4: No data available
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/power/runtime_suspended_time:0
    grep: mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/power/autosuspend_delay_ms: Input/output error
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/power/runtime_active_time:0
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/power/control:auto
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/power/runtime_status:unsupported
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/class:0x00
    grep: mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/info2: No data available
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/modalias:sdio:c00v0000d1000
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/revision:0.0
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/uevent:OF_NAME=mmc
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/uevent:OF_FULLNAME=/soc/sdhci@7e300000/mmc@1
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/uevent:OF_COMPATIBLE_0=silabs,wfx-sdio
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/uevent:OF_COMPATIBLE_N=1
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/uevent:SDIO_CLASS=00
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/uevent:SDIO_ID=0000:1000
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/uevent:SDIO_REVISION=0.0
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/uevent:MODALIAS=sdio:c00v0000d1000
    grep: mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/info3: No data available
    grep: mmc1/mmc1:0001/mmc1:0001:1/info1: No data available
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/ocr:0x00200000
    grep: mmc1/mmc1:0001/info4: No data available
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/power/runtime_suspended_time:0
    grep: mmc1/mmc1:0001/power/autosuspend_delay_ms: Input/output error
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/power/runtime_active_time:0
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/power/control:auto
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/power/runtime_status:unsupported
    grep: mmc1/mmc1:0001/info2: No data available
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/type:SDIO
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/revision:0.0
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/uevent:MMC_TYPE=SDIO
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/uevent:SDIO_ID=0000:1000
    mmc1/mmc1:0001/uevent:SDIO_REVISION=0.0
    grep: mmc1/mmc1:0001/info3: No data available
    grep: mmc1/mmc1:0001/info1: No data available

-- 
Jérôme Pouiller