Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: Explicitly include correct DT includes

From: Jérôme Pouiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 08:30:31 +0200

On Friday 14 July 2023 19:48:00 CEST Rob Herring wrote:
> 
> The DT of_device.h and of_platform.h date back to the separate
> of_platform_bus_type before it as merged into the regular platform bus.
> As part of that merge prepping Arm DT support 13 years ago, they
> "temporarily" include each other. They also include platform_device.h
> and of.h. As a result, there's a pretty much random mix of those include
> files used throughout the tree. In order to detangle these headers and
> replace the implicit includes with struct declarations, users need to
> explicitly include the correct includes.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  drivers/net/can/bxcan.c                                 | 1 -
>  drivers/net/can/ifi_canfd/ifi_canfd.c                   | 1 -
>  drivers/net/can/m_can/m_can.c                           | 1 -
>  drivers/net/can/m_can/m_can.h                           | 1 -
>  drivers/net/can/rcar/rcar_canfd.c                       | 1 -
>  drivers/net/can/sja1000/sja1000_platform.c              | 1 -
>  drivers/net/can/sun4i_can.c                             | 1 -
>  drivers/net/can/ti_hecc.c                               | 1 -
>  drivers/net/dsa/b53/b53_mdio.c                          | 1 +
>  drivers/net/dsa/b53/b53_mmap.c                          | 1 +
>  drivers/net/dsa/hirschmann/hellcreek.c                  | 1 -
>  drivers/net/dsa/hirschmann/hellcreek_ptp.c              | 1 +
>  drivers/net/dsa/lan9303-core.c                          | 1 +
>  drivers/net/dsa/microchip/ksz8863_smi.c                 | 3 +++
>  drivers/net/dsa/microchip/ksz_common.c                  | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/dsa/mt7530-mmio.c                           | 3 ++-
>  drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c                        | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/dsa/ocelot/felix_vsc9959.c                  | 1 +
>  drivers/net/dsa/ocelot/seville_vsc9953.c                | 3 ++-
>  drivers/net/dsa/qca/qca8k-leds.c                        | 1 +
>  drivers/net/dsa/realtek/realtek-mdio.c                  | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/dsa/realtek/realtek-smi.c                   | 1 -
>  drivers/net/dsa/sja1105/sja1105_main.c                  | 1 -
>  drivers/net/dsa/vitesse-vsc73xx-core.c                  | 1 -
>  drivers/net/dsa/xrs700x/xrs700x.c                       | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/aeroflex/greth.c                   | 4 ++--
>  drivers/net/ethernet/amd/sunlance.c                     | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/apm/xgene-v2/main.h                | 1 +
>  drivers/net/ethernet/arc/emac_main.c                    | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/atheros/ag71xx.c                   | 3 ++-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb_main.c                | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/cirrus/cs89x0.c                    | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ezchip/nps_enet.c                  | 5 ++---
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/dpaa/dpaa_eth.c          | 3 ++-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/dpaa/dpaa_ethtool.c      | 2 ++
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/enetc/enetc_ierb.c       | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec_mpc52xx.c            | 4 ++--
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec_mpc52xx_phy.c        | 3 ++-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fec_ptp.c                | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fman/fman.c              | 1 +
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fman/fman_port.c         | 1 +
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fman/mac.c               | 2 ++
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fs_enet/mac-fcc.c        | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fs_enet/mac-fec.c        | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fs_enet/mac-scc.c        | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/fsl_pq_mdio.c            | 1 +
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/gianfar.c                | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/gianfar_ethtool.c        | 2 ++
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/ucc_geth.c               | 3 ++-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/xgmac_mdio.c             | 4 ++--
>  drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns/hns_dsaf_ppe.c       | 3 ---
>  drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hns/hns_dsaf_rcb.c       | 4 ----
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ehea/ehea_main.c               | 1 +
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/emac/core.c                    | 1 +
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/emac/core.h                    | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/emac/mal.c                     | 2 ++
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/emac/rgmii.c                   | 2 ++
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/emac/tah.c                     | 2 ++
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/emac/zmii.c                    | 2 ++
>  drivers/net/ethernet/korina.c                           | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/mvmdio.c                   | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/mvpp2/mvpp2_main.c         | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/prestera/prestera_rxtx.c   | 3 ---
>  drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/sky2.c                     | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_eth_soc.c             | 3 ++-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_star_emac.c           | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_wed.c                 | 1 +
>  drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_wed_wo.c              | 3 +--
>  drivers/net/ethernet/microchip/lan966x/lan966x_main.c   | 3 ++-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/mscc/ocelot_fdma.c                 | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/mscc/ocelot_vsc7514.c              | 3 ++-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ni/nixge.c                         | 5 ++---
>  drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/emac/emac-sgmii.c         | 2 ++
>  drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/emac/emac.c               | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/qca_spi.c                 | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/qualcomm/qca_uart.c                | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/renesas/ravb_main.c                | 3 +--
>  drivers/net/ethernet/renesas/rswitch.c                  | 3 +--
>  drivers/net/ethernet/renesas/sh_eth.c                   | 2 --
>  drivers/net/ethernet/smsc/smsc911x.c                    | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/socionext/sni_ave.c                | 3 ++-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-dwc-qos-eth.c | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-imx.c         | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-ingenic.c     | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-mediatek.c    | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-meson8b.c     | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-oxnas.c       | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-qcom-ethqos.c | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-rk.c          | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-starfive.c    | 4 +++-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-sti.c         | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-stm32.c       | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-sun8i.c       | 3 ++-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-tegra.c       | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/dwmac-visconti.c    | 3 ++-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/stmicro/stmmac/stmmac_platform.c   | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/sun/niu.c                          | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/sun/sunbmac.c                      | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/sun/sungem.c                       | 1 +
>  drivers/net/ethernet/sun/sunhme.c                       | 3 ++-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/sun/sunqe.c                        | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ti/am65-cpsw-nuss.c                | 1 +
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw-common.c                   | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ti/cpsw-phy-sel.c                  | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/ti/davinci_mdio.c                  | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ethernet/via/via-rhine.c                    | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/via/via-velocity.c                 | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/xilinx/ll_temac.h                  | 1 +
>  drivers/net/ethernet/xilinx/ll_temac_main.c             | 4 +---
>  drivers/net/ethernet/xilinx/ll_temac_mdio.c             | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/xilinx/xilinx_axienet_main.c       | 3 ++-
>  drivers/net/ethernet/xilinx/xilinx_emaclite.c           | 4 ++--
>  drivers/net/ieee802154/ca8210.c                         | 1 -
>  drivers/net/ipa/ipa_main.c                              | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/pcs/pcs-rzn1-miic.c                         | 1 +
>  drivers/net/phy/marvell-88x2222.c                       | 1 -
>  drivers/net/phy/mediatek-ge-soc.c                       | 2 --
>  drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath10k/ahb.c                   | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath11k/qmi.c                   | 1 -
>  drivers/net/wireless/ath/wcn36xx/main.c                 | 3 +--
>  drivers/net/wireless/intersil/orinoco/airport.c         | 2 +-
>  drivers/net/wireless/mediatek/mt76/mt7915/soc.c         | 1 -
>  drivers/net/wireless/silabs/wfx/bus_sdio.c              | 2 +-
>  net/core/of_net.c                                       | 1 +
>  124 files changed, 110 insertions(+), 120 deletions(-)
> 
[...]
> diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/silabs/wfx/bus_sdio.c b/drivers/net/wireless/silabs/wfx/bus_sdio.c
> index 51a0d58a9070..909d5f346a01 100644
> --- a/drivers/net/wireless/silabs/wfx/bus_sdio.c
> +++ b/drivers/net/wireless/silabs/wfx/bus_sdio.c
> @@ -10,7 +10,7 @@
>  #include <linux/mmc/sdio_func.h>
>  #include <linux/mmc/card.h>
>  #include <linux/interrupt.h>
> -#include <linux/of_device.h>
> +#include <linux/of.h>
>  #include <linux/of_irq.h>
>  #include <linux/irq.h>
>  #include <linux/align.h>

For 'drivers/net/wireless/silabs/wfx/bus_sdio.c':

Reviewed-by: Jérôme Pouiller <[email-masked]>

-- 
Jérôme Pouiller