Subject: Re: My 802.3ad is my bond

From: Jay Vosburgh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:13:25 -0800

Steven Whitehouse <[email-masked]> wrote:
[...]
>This commit: ece95f7fefe3afae19e641e1b3f5e64b00d5b948 seems to have
>caused a problem with parsing bond arguments as now only the numeric
>arguments seem to work (in modprobe.conf) and specifying 802.3ad fails.
>When I revert that patch in my local tree all seems ok.

	Thanks for the report; I know what the problem here is.  I'll
get a fix out.

>Also I notice that one of my two NICs now reports this:
>
>bonding: bond0: link status definitely down for interface eth0,
>disabling it
>bonding: bond0: Interface eth0 is already enslaved!
>bond0.5: no IPv6 routers present
>
>which I think is also new with this set of bonding updates, before it
>used to use both interfaces ok. I've not worked out which of the other
>patches causes this so far, but I can if its helpful,

	That would be helpful, as would some more details: e.g., the
various options passed to bonding, the complete dmesg log, contents of
/proc/net/bonding/bond0 [or whatever your interface is called], and
anything else you think would be helpful.

	-J

---
	-Jay Vosburgh, IBM Linux Technology Center, [email-masked]