Subject: Re: [PATCH net 2/4] Documentation: bonding: fix the doc of peer_notif_delay

From: Jay Vosburgh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 08:52:06 -0700

Hangbin Liu <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Bonding only supports setting peer_notif_delay with miimon set.
>
>Fixes: 0307d589c4d6 ("bonding: add documentation for peer_notif_delay")
>Signed-off-by: Hangbin Liu <[email-masked]>
>---
> Documentation/networking/bonding.rst | 7 +++----
> 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
>
>diff --git a/Documentation/networking/bonding.rst b/Documentation/networking/bonding.rst
>index adc4bf4f3c50..6daeb18911fb 100644
>--- a/Documentation/networking/bonding.rst
>+++ b/Documentation/networking/bonding.rst
>@@ -776,10 +776,9 @@ peer_notif_delay
> 	Specify the delay, in milliseconds, between each peer
> 	notification (gratuitous ARP and unsolicited IPv6 Neighbor
> 	Advertisement) when they are issued after a failover event.
>-	This delay should be a multiple of the link monitor interval
>-	(arp_interval or miimon, whichever is active). The default
>-	value is 0 which means to match the value of the link monitor
>-	interval.
>+	This delay should be a multiple of the MII link monitor interval
>+	(miimon). The default value is 0 which means to match the value
>+        of the MII link monitor interval.

	Perhaps something like the following better reflects what we're
trying to convey here?

	This delay is rounded down to the MII link monitor interval
	(miimon), and cannot be set if miimon is not set.  The default
	value is 0 which provides no delay beyond the miimon interval.

	-J

> prio
> 	Slave priority. A higher number means higher priority.
>-- 
>2.38.1
>

---
	-Jay Vosburgh, [email-masked]