Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/17] net: introduce Qualcomm IPA driver

From: Subash Abhinov Kasiviswanathan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 12:47:41 -0600

>> There is a n:1 relationship between rmnet and IPA.
>> rmnet does the de-muxing to multiple netdevs based on the mux id
>> in the MAP header for RX packets and vice versa.
> 
> Oh, so you mean that even though IPA supports multiple channels
> and multiple netdev instances for a physical device, all the
> rmnet devices end up being thrown into a single channel in IPA?
> 
> What are the other channels for in IPA? I understand that there
> is one channel for commands that is separate, while the others
> are for network devices, but that seems to make no sense if
> we only use a single channel for rmnet data.
> 

AFAIK, the other channels are for use cases like tethering.
There is only a single channel which is used for RX
data which is then de-muxed using rmnet.

-- 
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project