Subject: Re: [PATCH 11/14] netlink: add RX/TX-ring support to netlink diag

From: Christoph Paasch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 20:28:35 +0200

Hello,

On Wednesday 17 April 2013 18:47:06 Patrick McHardy wrote:
> +       mutex_lock(&nlk->pg_vec_lock);
> +       ret = sk_diag_put_ring(&nlk->rx_ring, NETLINK_DIAG_RX_RING, nlskb);
> +       if (!ret)
> +               ret = sk_diag_put_ring(&nlk->tx_ring, NETLINK_DIAG_TX_RING,
> +                                      nlskb);
> +       mutex_unlock(&nlk->pg_vec_lock);

this produces a build-error, if CONFIG_NETLINK_MMAP=n:

/home/cpaasch/builder/net-next/net/netlink/diag.c: In function 
‘sk_diag_put_rings_cfg’:
/home/cpaasch/builder/net-next/net/netlink/diag.c:28: error: ‘struct 
netlink_sock’ has no member named ‘pg_vec_lock’
/home/cpaasch/builder/net-next/net/netlink/diag.c:29: error: ‘struct 
netlink_sock’ has no member named ‘rx_ring’

Should the #ifdef CONFIG_NETLINK_MMAP in struct netlink_sock be removed?

Cheers,
Christoph

-- 
IP Networking Lab --- http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be
MultiPath TCP in the Linux Kernel --- http://multipath-tcp.org
UCLouvain
--