Subject: iwlwifi (Unsupported (too old) EEPROM VER=0x416 < 0x423 CALIB=0x5 < 0x4)

From: Paul Freeman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 23:25:50 +0000

Hi,
  I seem to be having and odd issue with iwlwifi (Unsupported (too old) 
EEPROM VER=0x416 < 0x423 CALIB=0x5 < 0x4) on a recently purchased Intel 
Wifi 6200 N mini pci-e card, is anyone aware of a fix for this ?

uname -a
---------------------------------------------
Linux cache-Inspiron-910 3.5.0-22-generic #34-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jan 8 
21:41:11 UTC 2013 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux

lspci
---------------------------------------------
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6200
	Subsystem: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6200 2x2 AGN
	Flags: fast devsel, IRQ 17
	Memory at f0200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
	Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 3
	Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
	Capabilities: [e0] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
	Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
	Capabilities: [140] Device Serial Number 00-15-00-ff-ff-5f-aa-59
	Kernel modules: iwlwifi

firmware version 9.221.4.1 build 25532
---------------------------------------------
[    3.636659] cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain
[    3.899749] iwlwifi: Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link AGN driver for 
Linux, in-tree:
[    3.899758] iwlwifi: Copyright(c) 2003-2012 Intel Corporation
[    3.900111] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: pci_resource_len = 0x00002000
[    3.900120] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: pci_resource_base = f843c000
[    3.900128] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: HW Revision ID = 0x0
[    3.900459] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: irq 44 for MSI/MSI-X

[    6.365912] cfg80211: World regulatory domain updated:
[    6.365922] cfg80211:   (start_freq - end_freq @ bandwidth), 
(max_antenna_gain, max_eirp)
[    6.365931] cfg80211:   (2402000 KHz - 2472000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), 
(300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
[    6.365938] cfg80211:   (2457000 KHz - 2482000 KHz @ 20000 KHz), 
(300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
[    6.365945] cfg80211:   (2474000 KHz - 2494000 KHz @ 20000 KHz), 
(300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
[    6.365952] cfg80211:   (5170000 KHz - 5250000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), 
(300 mBi, 2000 mBm)
[    6.365959] cfg80211:   (5735000 KHz - 5835000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), 
(300 mBi, 2000 mBm)

[    6.683215] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: loaded firmware version 9.221.4.1 
build 25532
[    6.684588] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEBUG disabled
[    6.684599] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEBUGFS enabled
[    6.684607] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEVICE_TRACING 
enabled
[    6.684614] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEVICE_TESTMODE 
enabled
[    6.684622] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: CONFIG_IWLWIFI_P2P disabled
[    6.684631] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: Detected Intel(R) Centrino(R) 
Advanced-N 6200 AGN, REV=0x74
[    6.684856] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: L1 Enabled; Disabling L0S
[    6.716302] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: Unsupported (too old) EEPROM 
VER=0x416 < 0x423 CALIB=0x5 < 0x4

as they were there I also tried the other firmwares from:
  
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/iwlwifi?n=downloads#Firmware

firmware version 9.193.4.1 build 19710
---------------------------------------------
[ 2030.767040] iwlwifi: Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link AGN driver for 
Linux, in-tree:
[ 2030.767050] iwlwifi: Copyright(c) 2003-2012 Intel Corporation
[ 2030.767332] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: pci_resource_len = 0x00002000
[ 2030.767340] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: pci_resource_base = f843c000
[ 2030.767346] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: HW Revision ID = 0x0
[ 2030.767547] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: irq 44 for MSI/MSI-X
[ 2030.797131] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: loaded firmware version 9.193.4.1 
build 19710
[ 2030.798313] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEBUG disabled
[ 2030.798327] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEBUGFS enabled
[ 2030.798335] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEVICE_TRACING 
enabled
[ 2030.798344] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEVICE_TESTMODE 
enabled
[ 2030.798352] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: CONFIG_IWLWIFI_P2P disabled
[ 2030.798363] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: Detected Intel(R) Centrino(R) 
Advanced-N 6200 AGN, REV=0x74
[ 2030.798555] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: L1 Enabled; Disabling L0S
[ 2030.827866] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: Unsupported (too old) EEPROM 
VER=0x416 < 0x423 CALIB=0x5 < 0x4

firmware version 9.176.4.1 build 15835
---------------------------------------------
[ 2263.767690] iwlwifi: Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link AGN driver for 
Linux, in-tree:
[ 2263.767701] iwlwifi: Copyright(c) 2003-2012 Intel Corporation
[ 2263.767988] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: pci_resource_len = 0x00002000
[ 2263.767998] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: pci_resource_base = f843c000
[ 2263.768005] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: HW Revision ID = 0x0
[ 2263.772210] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: irq 44 for MSI/MSI-X
[ 2263.799205] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: loaded firmware version 9.176.4.1 
build 15835
[ 2263.800449] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEBUG disabled
[ 2263.800462] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEBUGFS enabled
[ 2263.800470] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEVICE_TRACING 
enabled
[ 2263.800479] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: CONFIG_IWLWIFI_DEVICE_TESTMODE 
enabled
[ 2263.800487] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: CONFIG_IWLWIFI_P2P disabled
[ 2263.800498] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: Detected Intel(R) Centrino(R) 
Advanced-N 6200 AGN, REV=0x74
[ 2263.800714] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: L1 Enabled; Disabling L0S
[ 2263.829269] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: Unsupported (too old) EEPROM 
VER=0x416 < 0x423 CALIB=0x5 < 0x4