Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 11/20] rtnetlink: Update inet6_dump_ifinfo for strict data checking

From: David Ahern <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 13:25:22 -0600

On 10/5/18 11:48 AM, Christian Brauner wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 02:33:46PM -0700, David Ahern wrote:
>> From: David Ahern <[email-masked]>
>>
>> Update inet6_dump_ifinfo for strict data checking. If the flag is
>> set, the dump request is expected to have an ifinfomsg struct as
>> the header. All elements of the struct are expected to be 0 and no
>> attributes can be appended.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: David Ahern <[email-masked]>
> This is on top of current net-next? Are your patches ensuring that
> ipv6 addr requests don't generate log messages anymore when a wrong
> header is passed but the strict socket option is not passed? The context
> here doesn't seem to indicate that. :)
> 

this is an AF_INET6 GETLINK handler. Why? no idea, but I think you are
confusing this patch with the GETADDR patch which generated the
"netlink: 16 bytes leftover after parsing attributes in process `ip'."
message before this set.