Subject: [PATCH] macb: fix PHY reset

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 22:27:38 +0300

The driver calls gpiod_set_value() with GPIOD_OUT_* instead of 0 and 1, as
a result the PHY isn't really  put back into reset state in macb_remove().
Moreover, the driver assumes that something else has set the GPIO direction
to output, so if  it has not, the PHY wouldn't be taken out of reset in
macb_probe() either...

Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>

---
The patch is against David Miller's 'net.git' repo.

 drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb.c |    4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

Index: net/drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb.c
===================================================================
--- net.orig/drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb.c
+++ net/drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb.c
@@ -2959,7 +2959,7 @@ static int macb_probe(struct platform_de
 		int gpio = of_get_named_gpio(phy_node, "reset-gpios", 0);
 		if (gpio_is_valid(gpio))
 			bp->reset_gpio = gpio_to_desc(gpio);
-		gpiod_set_value(bp->reset_gpio, GPIOD_OUT_HIGH);
+		gpiod_direction_output(bp->reset_gpio, 1);
 	}
 	of_node_put(phy_node);
 
@@ -3029,7 +3029,7 @@ static int macb_remove(struct platform_d
 		mdiobus_free(bp->mii_bus);
 
 		/* Shutdown the PHY if there is a GPIO reset */
-		gpiod_set_value(bp->reset_gpio, GPIOD_OUT_LOW);
+		gpiod_set_value(bp->reset_gpio, 0);
 
 		unregister_netdev(dev);
 		clk_disable_unprepare(bp->tx_clk);