Subject: Re: [RFC][PATCH] net: arinc429: Add ARINC-429 stack

From: Vostrikov Andrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 18:03:16 +0300

Hi, Marek.

> About the parity -- can we add some flag into the datagram to indicate we
> want hardware to calculate the parity for that particular datagram for us?
> And we'd also need to indicate what type of parity. I dunno if this is worth
> the hassle.
This  is HW configuration property, it does not belong to  datagram. Also for TX
channels,  parity could  be  two  kinds:  odd and even, for RX it is only
on/off.

Parity  is  not  the  only property that needs to be configured in HW,
following could be needed as well,
- label bit flipping (on or off)
- rate change (low / high)
-  label  filters  and  label  priority matching (this could be HoltIC
specific)

I  suppose  all  these  properties  are  configured  only  once, at interface
initialization.

-- 
Best regards,
Andrey Vostrikov