Subject: Re: netif_rx packet dumping

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:51:58 -0300

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 19:37:59 +0100, Thomas Graf <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Speaking of it, I see tcp_sock is marginal over 2**10 on 32 bit archs and
> Stephen's plans to outsource the cc bits brings us closer to the border.
> Would it be worth to try and get it below 2**10? I spotted some places
> for optimizations but not enough to really save the needed amount.

sk_protinfo, sk_slab, sk_zapped are going away when I finish my 
connection_sock-2.6 series.

sk_protinfo isn't needed if all proto families use the sk_alloc + kmalloc, i.e.
specifying the size of the proto specific socket (like tcp_sock) in
"zero_it"  and
passing NULL in the slab parameter, like I did with bluetooth today and will do
with the ham radio, the last ones using sk_protinfo.

sk_slab will be get from only in sk->sk_prot->slab.

sk_zapped was just a debugging member that got reused, and can be turned
into a SOCK_ZAPPED in sk_flags.

-- 
- Arnaldo