Subject: Re: injecting packets

From: Casey Carter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 17:27:50 -0500

It sounds like you want the Universal Tunnel/Tap driver, that lives in 
drivers/net/tun.c

Vasu wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I am trying to write a module that takes Ethernet packets from the user
>domain, and injects it into the proper place ( which I think is the
>sk_buffers ), so that to the IP, TCP layer, the packets look as if coming
>from the Ethernet device. Can someone please suggest me which files to
>look into, and which structs to handle, for getting this done. Also, I
>want to do the reverse task, i.e. take some particular packets ( say which
>come from a specific port ) from sk_buffers and send it to user space.
>
>Please assume that this silly looking Rx/Tx has some importance :)
>
>Regards.
>
>Vasu.
>III yr EE student.
>
>
>-
>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-net" in
>the body of a message to [email-masked]
>More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>