Subject: Re: IP stack question

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 12:27:08 -0700

jamal wrote:
> 
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Ben Greear wrote:

> Try that SO_DONTROUTE and see if solves your problem; you probably have to
> bind the socket to a specific device as well;
> For all that trouble, i would suggest you may just as well write a sock
> packet based  app.

I want to use normal TCP/IP stack as much as possible, so the sock-packet
(or raw) would not work for me, although it would work fine for the original
poster.

I'm also using source-based routing to send out the correct local
interface.  I'll have to look up more information on what SO_DONTROUTE
does, and thanks for the suggestion!

Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>       <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>
President of Candela Technologies Inc      http://www.candelatech.com
ScryMUD:  http://scry.wanfear.com     http://scry.wanfear.com/~greear