Subject: [BK/GNU] net driver 2.4.x series 7

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 20:00:46 -0400

(just for historical reference)
Marcelo, please do a

	bk pull http://gkernel.bkbits.net/net-drivers-2.4

This will update the following files:

 Documentation/Configure.help         |    8 
 drivers/net/3c509.c                  |    4 
 drivers/net/3c59x.c                  |   27 
 drivers/net/8139cp.c                 |   34 -
 drivers/net/8139too.c                |    4 
 drivers/net/Config.in                |    1 
 drivers/net/Makefile                 |    2 
 drivers/net/acenic.c                 |  161 ++++-
 drivers/net/acenic.h                 |   26 
 drivers/net/dl2k.c                   |    5 
 drivers/net/e100/e100_main.c         |   10 
 drivers/net/eepro100.c               |   70 +-
 drivers/net/epic100.c                |    6 
 drivers/net/fealnx.c                 |   12 
 drivers/net/gmac.c                   |    9 
 drivers/net/irda/smc-ircc.c          |    2 
 drivers/net/pci-skeleton.c           |    4 
 drivers/net/pcmcia/pcnet_cs.c        |    6 
 drivers/net/pcmcia/xircom_tulip_cb.c |    3 
 drivers/net/sundance.c               | 1015 ++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 drivers/net/tulip/ChangeLog          |   11 
 drivers/net/tulip/eeprom.c           |   56 +
 drivers/net/tulip/interrupt.c        |   22 
 drivers/net/tulip/tulip.h            |    4 
 drivers/net/tulip/tulip_core.c       |   19 
 drivers/net/wan/comx-hw-munich.c     |   15 
 drivers/net/winbond-840.c            |    6 
 drivers/net/wireless/airo.c          |   94 ++-
 drivers/net/yellowfin.c              |    6 
 drivers/video/clgenfb.c              |    1 
 30 files changed, 1054 insertions(+), 589 deletions(-)

through these ChangeSets:

<[email-masked]> (02/09/19 1.703)
   Kill more e100 net driver compile warnings

<[email-masked]> (02/09/19 1.702)
   acenic net driver update:
   * PCI write posting fixes, remove pa-specific code
   * support 2.5.x kernels (synchronize_irq, cli/sti compat cleanups)

<[email-masked]> (02/09/19 1.701)
   Fix a couple compiler warnings in e100 net driver

<[email-masked]> (02/09/19 1.700)
   Improve RX buffer size calculation, in sundance net driver
   (suggested by Donald Becker)

<[email-masked]> (02/09/19 1.699)
   further sundance net driver fixes:
   * proper support for variable MTU sizes
   * default to PIO, to fix chip bugs on some boards
   * add CONFIG_xxx option for MMIO (defaulted off, per previous change)
   * add missing unregister_netdev in error path
   * remove 'mtu' module parameter, not needed
   (most of this cset contributed by Jason Lunz, and most of Jason's
   cset in turn originally came from Donald Becker's code)

<[email-masked]> (02/09/19 1.698)
   Update eepro100 net driver hardware resume to Becker eepro100.c version

<[email-masked]> (02/09/19 1.697)
   sundance net driver modernization:
   * support bitmapped message levels
   * don't hand-code ethtool media support, use standard API/lib

<[email-masked]> (02/09/19 1.696)
   clean up previous sundance net driver fixes:
           - Remove mii_preamble_required module parameter (Donald Becker)
           - Add per-interface mii_preamble_required (setting is autodetected)
             (Donald Becker)
           - Remove unnecessary cast from void pointer
           - Re-align comments in private struct

<[email-masked]> (02/09/19 1.695)
   sundance net driver fixes, and a few cleanups too:
           - Remove unused/constant members from struct pci_id_info
           (which then allows removal of 'drv_flags' from private struct)
           - If no phy is found, fail to load that board
           - Always start phy id scan at id 1 to avoid problems (Donald Becker)
           - Autodetect where mii_preable_required is needed,
           default to not needed.  (Donald Becker)

<[email-masked]> (02/09/19 1.694)
   Fix "multiple definition of 'smc_init'" error in smc-ircc irda driver,
   by declaring smc_init static.

<[email-masked]> (02/09/19 1.693)
   comx-hw-munich WAN driver "performance fix": remove hideous udelay.
   Also, some minor cleanups

<[email-masked]> (02/09/19 1.692)
   PPC-specific 3c509 net driver update:
   s/insl_ns/insl_unswapped/ inside #ifdef __powerpc__

<[email-masked]> (02/09/19 1.691)
   Track link state via netif_carrier_xxx, in gmac net driver

<[email-masked]> (02/09/19 1.690)
   Update list of airo wireless commands, and two RIDs, from
   linux-wlan-ng sources and online sources

<[email-masked]> (02/09/19 1.689)
   Use SET_MODULE_OWNER in eepro100 net driver instead of
   MOD_{INC,DEC}_USE_COUNT, eliminating a small race

<[email-masked]> (02/09/18 1.688)
   Fixes for little-used paths and obscure races, in 8139cp net driver
   (contributed by [email-masked])

<[email-masked]> (02/09/18 1.687)
   Remove ancient ETHER_STATS statistics code from several net drivers,
   code that has not been compile-enabled nor compileable in ages.

<[email-masked]> (02/09/18 1.686)
   This patch fixes a bug in handling the timeout in pcnet_cs.c, where
   it uses the following test to determine whether the timeout has
   expired:
   
           if (jiffies - dma_start > PCNET_RDC_TIMEOUT) {
   
   Unfortunately, PCNET_RDC_TIMEOUT is defined to be "0x02", so the
   length of the timeout is only two jiffy ticks, rather than being
   the expected 20ms.  This patch fixes this.
   
   Also, the above (and one other place) should be converted to
   time_after().

<[email-masked]> (02/09/18 1.685)
   merge most of the hppa support into tulip net driver

<[email-masked]> (02/09/18 1.681.1.4)
   Fix merge error in 3c59x netif_carrier_xxx change

<[email-masked]> (02/09/18 1.681.1.3)
   Add support for Cirrus Logic GD7548 to clgenfb fbdev driver
   (contributed by [email-masked])

<[email-masked]> (02/09/18 1.681.1.2)
   Merge up to version 1.04 of sundance net driver:
   * Fix multicast bug
   * Fix lockups at high congestion
   * fix problems with multi-port sundance boards
   * tx timeout recovery
   * additional ethtool support
   * new rx polling scheme, to better handle high RX packet rates
   (contributed by Edward Peng @ D-Link)

<[email-masked]> (02/09/18 1.681.1.1)
   Add support for netif_carrier_xxx reporting to 3c59x net driver
   (based on a patch by Nelson Tan Gin Hwa, via Andrew Morton)