Subject: Re: Why was the /proc info removed from e1000 ?

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:51:06 -0800

Jason Lunz wrote:
> [email-masked] said:
> 
>>I just noticed in the latest changelog that the /proc support was
>>removed from the e1000 driver?  I always found this usefull...any
>>reason why it was deleted?
> 
> 
> shortly lower in the changelog, you'll see that the same stats are now
> availble using the standard ethtool interface. I don't know whether you
> need a new ethtool to make sense of the e1000 stats struct.
> 
> Jason

It was nice to not have to have to dredge up the latest ethtool binary
in order to see the pretty stats.  However, I am glad to see more stuff
supported by the ethtool interface.

Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>       <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>
President of Candela Technologies Inc      http://www.candelatech.com
ScryMUD:  http://scry.wanfear.com     http://scry.wanfear.com/~greear