Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] nf-hipac v0.8 released

From: Michael Bellion and Thomas Heinz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:20:51 +0200

Hi Daniel

You wrote:
>>     - libnfhipac: netlink library for kernel-user communication
> 
> Is this library actually usable for applications which need to control
> the firewall or is it equally braindead to libiptables?

The library _is_ intended to be used by other applications than
the nf-hipac userspace tool, too. It hides the netlink communication
from the user who is only required to construct the command
data structure sent to the kernel which contains at most one single
nf-hipac rule. This is very straightforward and the kernel returns
detailed errors if the packet is misconstructed.

Taking a look at nfhp_com.h and evt. nf-hipac.c gives you some clue
on how to build valid command packets.

Regards,

+-----------------------+----------------------+
|   Michael Bellion     |     Thomas Heinz     |
| <[email-masked]>  |  <[email-masked]> |
+-----------------------+----------------------+