Subject: Re: [PATCH] netdev_ops

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:24:35 -0700

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 10:11:04AM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
> 
>>Also, for the strings (labels) passed back to user space, is there any
>>documentation for suggested values for these strings?  Even though we
>>can't be completely type-safe, if there were suggested values in
>>a comment in the code, it could help a great deal for any code trying to
>>parse them for multiple different drivers/nics.
> 
> 
> The strings represent NIC-specific attributes.

Yes, but surely there is some comonality?  I'm not asking for something
set in stone, but just some general guidelines.  However, I don't feel
too strongly about this, so if it is not worth the time/effort, then
I'll still be happy :)

Ben

> 	Jeff

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>       <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>
President of Candela Technologies Inc      http://www.candelatech.com
ScryMUD:  http://scry.wanfear.com     http://scry.wanfear.com/~greear