Subject: Re: TOE brain dump

From: "Ihar 'Philips' Filipau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 22:06:34 +0200

jamal wrote:
> 
>>   It just takes only 3k. And it handles some special (read - 
>>proprietary) functions too - some bugs of some other pieces of hardware. 
>>NPU does all stuff by itself, but sometimes we need to extract 
>>configuration information which is direct to us, for example.
> 
> 
> Please provide me a pointer if you can - I am very interested in the 2G
> code space you mention.
> 

   I'm not sure - actually as I wrote - immediately gone checking specs.
   try: 
http://www.vitesse.com/products/categories.cfm?family_id=5&category_id=16

   ...

   [ Okay I got to docs server. ] You are right - It has limit of 4K 
insns == 16k of executable memory.

   Sorry for confusion :(

   We really can address a lot of memory - we have 32MB for routing info 
and configuration - but for execution only 16kB of memory is available...