Subject: Re: [PATCH] (0/7) device_probe enhancement

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:25:35 -0400

David S. Miller wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:47:21 -0700
> Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
>>This comes from Al Viro's net device patchset and is updated for
>>2.6.0-test5 latest.  It adds a second probe list for network devices
>>that are compiled into the kernel, but allocate their own network
>>device rather than being handed a device.  It is part of the
>>incremental changes to have all network devices using dynamic
>>allocation.
> 
> 
> This all looks fine to me.  Jeff, what do you think?  Are you gonna
> merge it if it's ok to you?

Merging right now.  I have some minor nits to pick, but they can be 
cleaned up later.