Subject: Re: Tigon3 5701 PCI-X recv performance problem

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 02:05:35 -0500

Andi Kleen wrote:
>>--- linux/arch/ia64/Kconfig     2003-10-25 13:44:46.000000000 -0500
>>+++ patch/arch/ia64/Kconfig     2003-11-11 19:45:06.000000000 -0600
>>@@ -468,6 +468,10 @@
>>          agent" (/sbin/hotplug) to load modules and set up software needed
>>          to use devices as you hotplug them.
>>
>>+config CONFIG_UNALIGNED_EXPENSIVE
> 
> 
> Sorry to nitpick again and not catching it earlier, but are you sure it works 
> this way? Normally the options in Kconfig are not prefixed with CONFIG_* 
> 
> So 
> 
> config UNALIGNED_EXPENSIVE 
> 
> would be likely correct

indeed.

For my part, I will apply the patch to drivers/net/tg3.c, which is fine, 
and will let the arch/ia64/Kconfig patch go through normal channels 
(since ia64 seems to be flowing these days).

	Jeff