Subject: Re: r8169 and tg3

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:24:59 -0500

Francois Romieu wrote:
> Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]> :
> [...]
> 
>>So, what needs to happen is somebody needs to look at the sis190 changes 
>>that went in, and apply those same fixes to r8169.
> 
> 
> If no one objects, I can do for r8169 the same thing I did for sis190.
> Btw the DMA Rx/Tx rework is already in good shape (I rather like seeing
> Jeff improving (S)ATA than coming to copy over his RX and TX handling
> code :o) ).
> 
> Anyway, the bk-commit patches which were related to sis190 are available at:
> http://www.fr.zoreil.com/people/francois/misc/sis190-rework.mbx

hehe.  I certainly don't object...  You probably want to look over the 
r8169 v1.6 that Brad posted a link to, since it does have some improved 
8169 hardware support (modulo bugs, of course).

	Jeff