Subject: Re: [syzbot] [rdma?] INFO: trying to register non-static key in skb_dequeue (2)

From: Guoqing Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 14:00:43 +0800

On 5/23/23 13:55, Zhu Yanjun wrote:
> On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 1:50 PM Guoqing Jiang <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>
>> On 5/23/23 12:29, Zhu Yanjun wrote:
>>> On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 12:10 PM Guoqing Jiang <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> On 5/23/23 12:02, Zhu Yanjun wrote:
>>>>> On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 11:47 AM Zhu Yanjun <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>>> On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 10:26 AM Guoqing Jiang <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>>>>> On 5/23/23 10:13, syzbot wrote:
>>>>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> syzbot tried to test the proposed patch but the build/boot failed:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> failed to apply patch:
>>>>>>>> checking file drivers/infiniband/sw/rxe/rxe_qp.c
>>>>>>>> patch: **** unexpected end of file in patch
>>>>>> This is not the root cause. The fix is not good.
>>>>> This problem is about "INFO: trying to register non-static key. The
>>>>> code is fine but needs lockdep annotation, or maybe"
>>> This warning is from "lock is not initialized". This is a
>>> use-before-initialized problem.
>> Right, and it also applies to qp->sq.queue which is set to NULL while do
>> cleanup
>> still de-reference it.
>>
>>> The correct fix is to initialize the lock that is complained before it is used.
>> The thing is it can't be initialized due to error, so I guess you want
>> to always init them
>> even for error cases.
> The complaining is about "spinlock is not initialized".

There was another null-ptr-deref, no?

general protection fault, probably for non-canonical address 0xdffffc0000000006: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP KASAN
KASAN: null-ptr-deref in range [0x0000000000000030-0x0000000000000037]
CPU: 1 PID: 31038 Comm: syz-executor.3 Not tainted 6.3.0-syzkaller-12728-g348551ddaf31 #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 04/14/2023
RIP: 0010:flush_send_queue drivers/infiniband/sw/rxe/rxe_comp.c:597 [inline]
RIP: 0010:rxe_completer+0x255c/0x3cc0 drivers/infiniband/sw/rxe/rxe_comp.c:653
Code: 80 3c 02 00 0f 85 81 10 00 00 49 8b af 88 03 00 00 48 8d 45 30 48 89 c2 48 89 04 24 48 b8 00 00 00 00 00 fc ff df 48 c1 ea 03 <0f> b6 04 02 84 c0 74 08 3c 03 0f 8e 83 11 00 00 48 8d 45 2c 44 8b
RSP: 0018:ffffc90003526938 EFLAGS: 00010206
RAX: dffffc0000000000 RBX: ffffed100e3fe800 RCX: ffffc9000b403000
RDX: 0000000000000006 RSI: ffffffff877e467a RDI: ffff888071ff4388
RBP: 0000000000000000 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: fffffbfff1cf3682 R11: fffffffffffda5b0 R12: ffff888071ff41a0
R13: 0000000000000000 R14: 0000000000000000 R15: ffff888071ff4000
FS:  00007fede029f700(0000) GS:ffff8880b9900000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 0000001b2d822000 CR3: 000000002c7e6000 CR4: 00000000003506e0
Call Trace:
  <TASK>
  rxe_qp_do_cleanup+0x1be/0x820 drivers/infiniband/sw/rxe/rxe_qp.c:761
  execute_in_process_context+0x3b/0x150 kernel/workqueue.c:3473
  __rxe_cleanup+0x21e/0x370 drivers/infiniband/sw/rxe/rxe_pool.c:233
  rxe_create_qp+0x3f6/0x5f0 drivers/infiniband/sw/rxe/rxe_verbs.c:583
  create_qp+0x5ac/0x970 drivers/infiniband/core/verbs.c:1235
  ib_create_qp_kernel+0xa1/0x310 drivers/infiniband/core/verbs.c:1346
  ib_create_qp include/rdma/ib_verbs.h:3743 [inline]
  create_mad_qp+0x177/0x380 drivers/infiniband/core/mad.c:2905
  ib_mad_port_open drivers/infiniband/core/mad.c:2986 [inline]
  ib_mad_init_device+0xf40/0x1a90 drivers/infiniband/core/mad.c:3077
  add_client_context+0x405/0x5e0 drivers/infiniband/core/device.c:721
  enable_device_and_get+0x1cd/0x3b0 drivers/infiniband/core/device.c:1332
  ib_register_device drivers/infiniband/core/device.c:1420 [inline]
  ib_register_device+0x8b1/0xbc0 drivers/infiniband/core/device.c:1366
  rxe_register_device+0x302/0x3e0 drivers/infiniband/sw/rxe/rxe_verbs.c:1485
  rxe_net_add+0x90/0xf0 drivers/infiniband/sw/rxe/rxe_net.c:527
  rxe_newlink+0xf0/0x1b0 drivers/infiniband/sw/rxe/rxe.c:197
  nldev_newlink+0x332/0x5e0 drivers/infiniband/core/nldev.c:1731
  rdma_nl_rcv_msg+0x371/0x6a0 drivers/infiniband/core/netlink.c:195
  rdma_nl_rcv_skb.constprop.0.isra.0+0x2fc/0x440 drivers/infiniband/core/netlink.c:239
  netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1339 [inline]
  netlink_unicast+0x547/0x7f0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1365
  netlink_sendmsg+0x925/0xe30 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1913
  sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:724 [inline]
  sock_sendmsg+0xde/0x190 net/socket.c:747
  ____sys_sendmsg+0x71c/0x900 net/socket.c:2503
  ___sys_sendmsg+0x110/0x1b0 net/socket.c:2557
  __sys_sendmsg+0xf7/0x1c0 net/socket.c:2586
  do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
  do_syscall_64+0x39/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x63/0xcd
RIP: 0033:0x7feddf48c169
Code: 28 00 00 00 75 05 48 83 c4 28 c3 e8 f1 19 00 00 90 48 89 f8 48 89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 73 01 c3 48 c7 c1 b8 ff ff ff f7 d8 64 89 01 48
RSP: 002b:00007fede029f168 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 000000000000002e
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00007feddf5abf80 RCX: 00007feddf48c169
RDX: 0000000000000000 RSI: 0000000020000240 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 00007feddf4e7ca1 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 0000000000000000
R13: 00007ffe1bb3e01f R14: 00007fede029f300 R15: 0000000000022000
  </TASK>
Modules linked in:

Guoqing