Subject: Re: [PATCH]: altq HFSC port

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:40:26 +0100

jamal wrote:
> This is probably the most contentious issue (given say current SCO
> stoopidty).
> Have you talked to the original author on this? I think granting you
> written consent to move to GPL may be sufficient.

I talked to the original authors and they removed the advertising
clause
(http://orange.kame.net/dev/cvsweb.cgi/kame/kame/sys/altq/altq_hfsc.c),
but they didn't want to release the code under the GPL. Various posts on
linux-kernel indicate that combining GPL code with BSD code without
advertising clause makes the end-product automatically be subject to the
GPL, even without consent of the authors. I basically meant to ask if
this is true.

> 
> cheers,
> jamal
> 
> PS:- i will look at the code and give you some feedback.
> 

I'm looking forward to it.

Best regards,
Patrick