Subject: Re: kernel BUG at page_alloc.c:98 -- compiling with distcc

From: Marco Fais <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 15:58:23 +0200

Hola Andrew!

Andrew Morton ha scritto:

>>There are any workarounds for this, until the problem is corrected?
> This will probably make it go away.
> 
> --- linux-2.4.26-rc1/drivers/net/8139too.c	2004-03-27 22:06:18.000000000 -0800
> +++ 24/drivers/net/8139too.c	2004-04-05 03:54:50.478692968 -0700
> @@ -983,7 +983,7 @@ static int __devinit rtl8139_init_one (s
>  	 * through the use of skb_copy_and_csum_dev we enable these
>  	 * features
>  	 */
> -	dev->features |= NETIF_F_SG | NETIF_F_HW_CSUM | NETIF_F_HIGHDMA;
> +	dev->features |= NETIF_F_SG | NETIF_F_HIGHDMA;
>  
>  	dev->irq = pdev->irq;

Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the problem. Seems that the panic it's 
triggered a little later (1-2 minutes instead of a few seconds), but 
anyway I have a kernel panic every time, also with this patch.

The oops tracing looks very similar to the one I've posted on the 
linux-kernel list.

Thank you Andrew, bye!