Subject: Re: Re: [PATCH 0/14] prism54: bring up to sync with prism54.org cvs rep

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:24:51 -0400

Andrew Morton wrote:
> Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> Luis, you, or somebody should create a new patch series with just the 
>> critical fixes, NO WHITESPACE/FORMATTING CHANGES mixed in, and send 
>> those first.
> 
> 
> Whitespace changes are often nice, but they should be the very first
> patch[es] in the series.  You should be able to verify that the .o file was
> unchanged before and after.

Very first, or very last.  I leave that up to the maintainer.

> That way they become a no-brainer and it becomes easier to review and
> understand the substantive changes.

Agreed.

Further, when someone mixes an Lindent in with functional changes, I 
become very suspicious.  That is precisely the method that certain high 
profile Linux hackers have used in the past to intentionally obfuscate 
security changes.

	Jeff