Subject: Re: wireless-2.6 queue opened

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 00:17:55 -0400

David S. Miller wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 23:45:28 -0400
> Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
>>Given that there are at least 3 complete wireless stacks (or 
>>thereabouts) floating about for Linux, I picked one that I felt had the 
>>best chance of being _evolved_ into a nice, clean, generic wireless 
>>stack:  HostAP.
> 
> 
> Even though I authored one of the "other" stacks, I'm totally fine
> with this choice.  Mainly because I simply lack the time or resources
> to continue working on the stack I started.

Actually...   I want to use some of your stuff too.  :)  HostAP is a 
successful implementation, but your stuff was a good example of the glue 
needed to tie 802.11 tightly to the net stack.

HostAP still has some "its a separate driver" stuff it needs to get rid 
of, as it is made more generic.

	Jeff