Subject: Re: 2.6.7-rc3: waiting for eth0 to become free

From: Christian Kujau <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:06:48 +0200

Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
| I think the mentioned error is not dependent on any specific interface
| (let it be eth0, or ppp0), but any interface in general which has a
| routing entry and is the target/source of IP traffic. This is based on
| the fact that my fixes play with the refcounting on any interface. not
| just eth0 specifically, and pertain to both IPv4 and IPv6 core.

ok.

| In my case, I was able to trigger the problem by running "cardctl eject"
| which was then stuck at D state. Killing any program using a network
| socket, and waiting for opened connections to transition from
| ESTABLISHED to TIME_WAIT and then being closed, allowed "cardctl" to
| exit the D state.

no having pcmcia here, i'll see if i can reproduce it to / see what the
patches will do.

Thanks for the explanation,
Christian.
- --
BOFH excuse #439:

Hot Java has gone cold