Subject: Re: [RFC] Wireless extensions rethink

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:26:20 -0400

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> struct wireless_ops {
> 	int (*get_name) (struct net_device *dev, struct iw_request_info *info,
>                            union iwreq_data *wrqu, char *extra);
> 	int (*get_freq) (struct net_device *dev, struct iw_request_info *info,
> 	                           union iwreq_data *wrqu, char *extra);
> 	int (*set_freq) (struct net_device *dev, struct iw_request_info *info,
>                            union iwreq_data *wrqu, char *extra);
> 	int (*get_mode) (struct net_device *dev, struct iw_request_info *info,
>                            union iwreq_data *wrqu, char *extra);
> 	int (*set_mode) (struct net_device *dev, struct iw_request_info *info,
>                            union iwreq_data *wrqu, char *extra);

Note that the above is only a first step.  Through the standard Linux 
development process -- evolution -- each hook can be pared down to 
precisely what each call needs.  The above allows for a quick transition 
of drivers, while keeping them working.

	Jeff