Subject: BUG: kernel panic at startup, 2.6.7 on x86

From: Chris Friesen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:16:18 -0400

I tried syncing with 2.6.7 bk version, compiled with my 2.6.5 config, installed, 
and rebooted.  Everything was okay up to the point where it runs a script to set 
up my dsl connection.  At that point I got the following on the console:

"Starting adsl: Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!  In interrupt 
handler -- not syncing."

Unfortunately, that was all I got.

Here's the output of lspci.  Note, the linksys cards use the tulip driver.

00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8363/8365 [KT133/KM133] (rev 03)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8363/8365 [KT133/KM133 AGP]
00:07.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super South] (rev 40)
00:07.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586/B/686A/B PIPC Bus Master 
IDE (rev 06)
00:07.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 16)
00:07.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 16)
00:07.4 Bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super ACPI] (rev 40)
00:08.0 Ethernet controller: Linksys Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100 
model NC100 (rev 11)
00:09.0 SCSI storage controller: Advanced System Products, Inc ABP940-U / 
ABP960-U (rev 03)
00:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Linksys Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100 
model NC100 (rev 11)
00:0d.0 Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24 [CrystalClear 
SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400] 
(rev a1)

If you need any more information, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Chris