Subject: Re: Re: [PATCH 2.6] update to network emulation QOS scheduler

From: Ed Wildgoose <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 14:32:17 +0100

>Here is an enhancement to netem to do allow emulating lower speed 
>networks.  The resolution is close, but obviously limited by the
>granularity of timers and size of packets.
>  
>

Hi Stephen,

This looks extremely useful.

I have a need for a simulator for the Iridium Satellite phone network, 
this is at most 2,400 baud with perhaps 1 sec or more latency.  Do you 
expect this scheduler to be able to do this slow?

On a related note, for better accuracy I currently need a bit of 
stochastic variability on the latency, ie assume a 1 sec min delay, but 
also to vary that a little through time.  Have you considered adding 
that as a feature?

Thanks

Ed W

_______________________________________________
LARTC mailing list / [email-masked]
http://mailman.ds9a.nl/mailman/listinfo/lartc HOWTO: http://lartc.org/