Subject: Re: [PATCH] IPv6: Change addrconf code to deal with link changes better

From: Alexander Clouter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 23:27:48 +0100

Brian Haley <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> [snipped]
> 
> Change the IPv6 addrconf code to handle the case where the NIC link
> state goes UP-DOWN-UP by removing all the autoconfigured addresses
> when it goes down, so that when it comes back up they will get added
> again and DAD will be triggered.  
> 
Surely this is going to result in me sending you lots of rude emails 
everytime cursing you when my SSH connections are terminated for no real 
reason on a link flap?  Privacy addresses are handy on servers too such 
as DNS servers...

When on occasion I am forced to use Windows, those darn PuTTY disconnect 
popups I see each time I disconnect/connect from our wireless network 
nearly put axe swinging mood as it is.  Please, spare me experiencing 
this pain under Linux...

Of course I could be talking nonsense, so ignore this email and keep up 
the good work :)

Cheers

-- 
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: Cole's Law:
                  	Thinly sliced cabbage.