Subject: Re: [PATCH 2.6]: Make packet scheduler clock source configurable

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 02:52:32 +0200

David S. Miller wrote:
>>It needs to increment at slightly above 1Mhz, otherwise delay will
>>be zero after this division and everything will fall apart:
>>delay /= rdelay.
> 
> I see.  I know for a fact that sparc64 meets this criterion, and
> I'm pretty sure ppc64 does too.

I'm pretty sure x86, x86_64, alpha, sparc64, ppc64 and ia64 can
be used. I'm not sure if the frequency of all ppcs is high enough,
so I won't add support for them.

> We could bug check this in psched calibration, in fact I think
> we should.

Done by this patch. I used BUG_ON instead of just printing a warning
because using packet schedulers after this error will cause a division
by zero.

Regards
Patrick