Subject: Re: [RFC,PATCH] fastroute dead code...

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:08:54 -0400

Tim Mattox wrote:
>>It is dead code, as-is, in the kernel.  It would require patches to
>>actually work at all.
>>
>>It is impossible that fastrouting is being actively used, without patches.
>>
>>        Jeff
> 
> 
> Some might consider dropping in a new network driver module a patch,
> others wouldn't...  Anyway, as I said before, IMHO I agree its dead code
> worthy of removal unless someone comes up with a GigE driver that
> actually uses it.

Driver use is completely irrelevant :)

Regardless of what any driver does, the IPv4 code in the kernel does not 
make use of the RTCF_FAST flag, once set.  All the fastrouting driver 
support API/code amounts to precisely nothing.

Unless the --core net stack-- is patched again to support fastrouting, 
all this is dead code.

	Jeff