Subject: Re: Patch submission for S2io Xframe driver to 2.6 kernel

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:05:08 -0400

Ravinandan Arakali wrote:
> Hi,
> Attached are the updated patches. It is designed to work on the latest
> kernel. Also, this time the submission is split to 3 patches(they need
> to applied in the order mentioned below).
> 
> s2io_styling_level1  - Contains
>                              a. styling related, function name changes.
>                              b. fix for 32-bit systems.
>                              c. modified Transmit descriptor allocation
> strategy.
>                              d. miscellaneous fixes.

When we say "separate logical changes", we mean it :)

This means that your level1 patch should be split into at least 4 patches.

Second, send each patch in a separate email, as described in
http://linux.yyz.us/patch-format.html (and 
Documentation/SubmittingPatches) rather than sending as a tarball.

	Jeff