Subject: Re: [TCP] Show all SYN_RECV sockets in /proc/net/tcp

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 23:43:49 -0300

Herbert Xu wrote:
> Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>>Go ahead and do it with the current seq_file infrastructure 8) Standard
> 
> 
> Does the current seq_file infrastructure offer anything new compared
> to what's in the existing /proc/net/tcp code?

Haven't checked, it has been a long time already since I wrote that
spaguetti code to fit the seq_file infrastructure :)

>>answer for these cases is remove /proc/net/tcp altogether and convert
>>the userland tools to use netlink instead. 
> 
> Completely agreed.  As I said I only started looking at this because
> I was trying to fix tcp_diag.

I see, and thank you for getting so involved in linux networking
development, you're doing a wonderful work :-)

- Arnaldo