Subject: Re: [PATCH] work around 5701 misalignment

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:57:28 -0400

Jesse Barnes wrote:
> --- a/linux/drivers/net/tg3.c	2004-10-13 15:25:03.000000000 -0500
> +++ b/linux/drivers/net/tg3.c	2004-10-13 15:14:45.000000000 -0500
> @@ -2352,7 +2352,12 @@
>  
>  		len = ((desc->idx_len & RXD_LEN_MASK) >> RXD_LEN_SHIFT) - 4; /* omit crc */
>  
> -		if (len > RX_COPY_THRESHOLD) {
> +		if (len > RX_COPY_THRESHOLD
> +#if defined(CONFIG_UNALIGNED_EXPENSIVE)
> +                                && tp->rx_offset == 2
> +#endif

hmmm, the normal solution is to give RX_COPY_THRESHOLD a per-arch value. 
  Grep for 'rx_copybreak' in bunches of net drivers.

DaveM might squirm a bit but IMHO RX_COPY_THRESHOLD really is 
platform-dependent.

	Jeff